theWaterCoolerChapel

.................................................................................................................

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Interview with HEATH McNEASE!


MYSPACE  facebook




Interview with our good friend Heath McNease:

1)         Ford or Chevy?
I would rather push a Ford than drive a Chevy
2)         Coke or Pepsi?
I have not drank caffeine in over 2 years!
3)         Sprite or 7up?
Water…”Arrowhead”, they call that “Jesus Juice”
4)         Which variety of M&M’s?
plain… I have a slight peanut allergy
5)         Snickers or Milky Way?
Milky Way
6)         Icee or Slurpee?
Icee
7)         Flex-Fit or Custom?
Flex-Fit… I have a really odd shaped head
8)         Gatorade or Powerade?
Gatorade…orange or fruit punch. Oh my gosh, PowerAde is the worst!
9)         Where do you live?
Colquitt GA
10)      What’s the name of your home church?
Mother’s Home Free Will Baptist
14)      Who is your favorite preacher?
Reverend Bobby Whitaker
15)      Is Heath McNease your real name?
Yes! Best rap name ever!
16)      Do you remember the day you transitioned into “full-time” performing?
I was going to school for a degree in theatre and a record label approached me about touring full-time. Up to that point I had only toured through the summers and performed on weekends, so it would be a change. I prayed about it for a few months because I had planned to go to Chicago and be a part of Second City HipHop after graduation. I just came to the conclusion that I needed to move out, put my stuff in storage, hit the road, and live out of my car. That was in the summer of 2007.
17)       How albums do you have out?
I have 3 albums out and I just released 2 of them last week
Wow that is crazy. Is it hard to release 2 albums at the same time?
The plan was to give an acoustic album for free but the record label did not like that
18)       Favorite song on the new albums?
That’s hard… its like asking a mother who her favorite child is; of course my mother would say me.
Me too!
Gun Show album> I like Faith Cowboy
Shine On> I like Paved
19)      Where can we buy your new albums?
Itunes and Amazon
#81 in 1st week on Itunes! Was not expecting that because the record label did nothing to promote it.
#19 on Amazon… acoustic album did just as well!
20)      Who is the girl on the song “When the Fever Breaks”?
Her name is Alisa Turner.
I like it better than the Jay-Z New York song!
If was 1 millionth as popular I would be sitting on a beach somewhere
21)      Is it challenging to be versatile?
I try to change anything about what I do regardless of the crowd. If somebody is bound to have a problem with it’s traditionally “the church”. When you are really speaking out of the heart, than do it “artfully”.
22)      Do you have anything to say for the grom just chilling at home dreaming to do what you do?
It’s absolutely possible for you to accomplish anything musically or artistically that you want and if you are willing to devote 10-15 years to it before you see any success. It is everything that is not glamorous or “Rock-n-Roll”.
23)      Any artists that we should check out?
Yes!
AVETT BROTHERS
DEEPSPACE 5… they just released a new album last week!
Awesome! We just got their new cd!
And also JARED MAHONE

Well my friend… we miss you. Stop by Denver anytime. We will start booking some shows we get more planted and you will one of the first.

Yes! Anytime. Call me whenever. I am so stoked you guys had an easy transition into a new church. Proud of you.

Ok peace… and we will tell all of AZ friends to go to your show in Gilbert AZ on Tuesday the 18th!

Ok cool. Well I better get to driving. Later.




No comments:

Post a Comment